Thursday, March 13, 2008

Colorful Women

As I was sitting in the campus center gymnasium watching the seats fill up, the Blessing of Women ceremony was beginning. Sister Joan welcomed everyone that was in attendance and began her introduction. She spent some time talking about the different colors of the decorations and daises that were given out upon entry. As everyone looked around and took in the beauty of all the colors she was talking about, I started thinking about how it all related to my blog. I never thought that I would spontaneously begin thinking about writing blogs on my day off but, surprisingly, I did. There were multi- colored balloons and daises, it was a really beautiful scene. Sister Joan made a comment that caught my attention about the different colors of women. Basically, the assortment of colors that surrounded the gymnasium were symbols of the many women in society and the people who appreciate them. The daises that everyone was given was meant to represent each woman at the ceremony as well as the women that they wanted to bless. The whole ceremony, in general, was to show appreciation for all the women in the world and all the hardships that women have overcome in the past. Over all, it was a nice event and I am glad that I decided to attend.

No comments: