Sunday, March 30, 2008

Is Stress Necessary?

Some things in life just are not necessary like holding grudges or being involved in a fight. But what about stress? Is it necessary? Some might say that it is not but I think it is. Stress is like an indicator that a change needs to made in order to lift a certain type of stress away. For example, the other day I was feeling very stressed out about school, homework, and life in general. The fact that I was stressed helped me realize that I really needed to take control over the things that I was slacking on. Some people might say that stress is pointless and it does nothing but cause grief but I think that it helps the body realize that something is wrong. The same way that pain lets the body know that we have a cut, stress lets the body know that a load needs to be lifted off for peace of mind. Basically. I think it is necessary because it lets us know that we need to get things done, like homework or chores. It informs people that the routine that is being done needs to be changed in order to get rid of and avoid stress.

No comments: