Monday, February 18, 2008

Black + White = ?

As I said in my first post, everyone has a specific color or assortment of colors that describes them. Even black and white have characteristics associated with them. Although, I think that black and white come together to form gray, which is like a mystery color. I am sure that gray has certain characteristics that could relate to some people but I think that gray is more of a feeling in the atmosphere that is hard to explain like a "gray area". Gray is connected to everyone along with the other colors that are associate with them. It is when you act a certain way or say things that you normally would not. For example, if you are usually a calm, quiet person and you become upset, you might start to act out of the ordinary in ways that you have never acted before. This also applies to someone who is under the influence of alcohol. Their judgment becomes impaired, they do not think before they speak, they become out of control and start act differently.
I am trying not to make this sound like a psychology textbook, examining why people behave the way they do. I am expressing what I think the color, gray, means to me and how I think everyone is linked to it in some way.
Basically, gray is that subconscious color inside everyone that only comes out at certain times.
I think that I am more conscious of my "gray area" now that I am in college. I have realized things about myself, good and bad, that I did not know before. I am not as self- conscious as I thought I was and I am not always the greatest listener. Hopefully as I get older, I will learn more things about myself that will help me to grow more as an adult. But only time will tell.

No comments: