Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fashion Trends

Do you ever notice how the looks of manicans in store windows are constantly changing? That is because "the look" of the season is also constantly changing. It is amazing to see how people are always trying to keep up with the look that is "in" and stay away from what is "so last year". The popular fashion trends are actually former trends that have died in the past and are making a comeback.
A popular trend that is around now is skinny jeans. It is very likely that you will see someone wearing skinny jeans while walking around campus or anywhere, for that matter. Some do not agree with fashion trends because it makes people want to look alike and decrease their individuality. On the contrary, I love fashion trends because it is a way for people to take a popular trend and make it their own. Fashion is the product of what people perceive it as. It is not what magazines or fashion designers say it is, it's what you interpret it to be. I think fashion trends are just there to guide people on how to take popular looks and make it their own.
That is why fashion is so important to me. It is something that is very versatile and can always be worked into any person's sense of style. I always try to incorporate new styles, looks, and trends into my daily personality and I am happy with my style and sense of fashion.

No comments: