Sunday, February 10, 2008

Caution!!!

I had a new experience with my dance team recently. I am a member of the Caution Dance Team on campus and after being on the team for a semester, I realize that my decision to join the team was a good one. About a week ago, the president of the organization asked us to perform an African dance for Project Hospitality, which was hosting an AIDS awareness day at a local church. I was excited about the opportunity because I had not been involved in that type of dancing before. It was cool to choreograph as well as perform African style dances and learn about African culture along the way.
Another thing about the experience that I enjoyed was everything that I learned from the information session on AIDS awareness. It was an eye opening time for me, honestly, because it was helpful information that I feel everyone should know and be aware of. The information was not only for people that already have HIV/AIDS but for anybody that is willing to listen. At first, it was just an African performance but then it became a learning center as well and I am glad I got the chance to take part in it.

No comments: